Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter Break

So Winter Break was pretty insane.

There was much to be seen and I sure made up for the time spent in Evansville surrounded by this fairly reserved bunch of people. It was nice to be amongst Europeans again, it was nice to be amongst Americans in big cities with more open, European style lifestyles. It was nice to feel the kind of passion that is impossible to get with boys from the Mid West. It was nice to have one simple brush of another's skin bring about the spark that causes a lightning storm.

Coming back to Evansville I was completely bummed out for the first two days. Damn I was down. But standing outside my dorm that second night, smoking a cigarette then coming back to my room, I realised: This place feels like home.

I don't know what it is exactly yet. Maybe it's how I have changed, in ways I don't even realise yet, that's making me not want to go back home and confront the memories of who I used to be. Because no matter what changes I have been through this year, I have still changed so much since I left school, and it's so hard to think there are people who still remember me for something different to who I really am. Here I can be who I want to be, and I have no regrets from here yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment